Friday, June 03, 2005

 

At A Loss For Words...

I'm not sure what to call it. A lull. Tiredness. The downside of way too much sugar. Whatever this recent period of time in my life is called, it seems to me like I haven't had anything of value to say to anyone.

Now many would say, "Dairn, that's just not true." And to an extent they're probably right. However, it's been a feeling I've had for months now - like I just haven't been able to speak into people's lives. Or even my own.

That is not a problem if you are a mime or if you work in a noisy sawmill, but for a pastor it is a very disconcerting sensation to be sure. Like I said before, it's probably not entirely true. I'm sure that I say the right things often, and even some helpful things sometimes, but it has just felt like nothing has been bubbling inside me ready to burst out. No new ideas. No yearning to speak my mind. No real opinions one way or the other. It's been quiet. Too quiet. I feel like tapping my head, "Hello in there! McFLY!!"

So yeah, nice way to start a Blog, eh? lol

But that's what this is about. This is for me. It makes me write. It forces me to think. And if you're reading along, don't be surprised if I'm not the deepest well in the desert... I'm still drilling for fresh water. But feel free to join me in the digging!

Man, I need a shovel....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter