Sunday, June 12, 2005

 

Boop, Bonk, Bap...

My son is 10 months old and I'm a little concerned that he might grow up thinking that a soundtrack of noise effects will accompany his every move. I just realized that I not only make gurgling sounds when he drinks, I make a popping noise when he hoists a drooly fistful of Cheerios is his mouth.

Now he is moving around and crawling lots. Hence a "bonk", "boing" or "boop" sound from his daddy when he bumps his leg, throws a block, or topples over. It's almost reached the point where I'd rather watch him knock his head on something than try to save him the discomfort, just so I can come up with a new "ping" or "schlonk" sound. It seems that I've got an entire repertoire of f/x for his every body or bowel movement.

What if he assumes this to be the norm? Will he expect me to do a "swish" when he's on the school basketball team? To make a "motorboat" noise when he kisses his girlfriend? To "grind the gears" when he's shifting, "schlurp" when he's eating soup, "ch-ch-ch-ch" when he brushes his teeth? Does anyone else ever worry about these kinds of things?

I'll happily to do a "light sabre" if he's raking the leaves....

Comments:
Hey Dairn. I think that you are awesome. And I would love to have grown up with sound effect, but I am not sure what his girlfriend will think of the sound of motor boats while kissing, you may want to hummmm a romantic tune for that one. ... it may blow your cover spying as well. You make me laugh though.
 
Aww, no motorboat? How about a toilet backing up instead?? :-)
 
lol. yes, yes I think that would be good.
 
Allo et bonjour - welcome to Canada, madame! Please leave all handguns, nuclear weapons, and NBA teams at the border with Pierre. Merci beaucoup!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter