Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Brangelina...

I saw "Mr. And Mrs. Smith" and I must say that it was quite enjoyable - once you parked your brain in neutral.

When idling, I didn't care so much that none of the bad guys could aim at Brad or Angelina Ballerina's heads, arms or legs. Just their bullet-proof vests. Also, the neat and tidy ending posed a huge problem for any rational person thinking about the consequences of the Smiths shooting up all of their corporate assassin buddies in the previous scene. However, with my mind lightly humming to itself, none of that seemed to bother me. The witty banter, comedic situations, and all them shootin' an' 'splosions did their job keeping my brain firmly planted in the cushioned Silver City seat.

Aside from the moral issues involved with spouses in a dead marriage killing supposed scumbags for money - at the cost of their own real relationship - I laughed a lot. The Smiths were basically evil, but likeable, and you were rooting for them to soften their hearts, love each other more, and be the suburban barbequers they were pretending to be. I guess that happened somewhat at the end, but you couldn't help thinking that mercenary blood was still running through their veins.

But, I wasn't thinking about it....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter