Monday, June 06, 2005

 

He Was Wrapped Too Tight...


I had received mail from the Jones Soda Co. before, way back in the day when I wrote letters to companies making silly observations and asking for t-shirts. They sent me a great XL shirt in the mid-90's (long since worn out) and a nice postcard thanking me for the letter I had written suggesting a Jones Soda theme song (to the tune of "The Flintstones", I think).

Today's letter was different. Much smaller.

Shortly after my son's birth, I had sent them a picture online (www.jonessoda.com) for their bottles of delicious carbonated beverage. Well, Kylan is 10 months old now and practically ready for college, and they finally decided to put him on a label. Today was a very exciting day for his proud mommy and daddy, until we realized there was no monetary reward for this great achievement - only great losses as we now must stop at every 7-11 and corner store in the Lower Mainland to buy out each Sugar Free Ginger Ale with my son's likeness glued on the bottle. At least it's a flavour no one would think of drinking....

Be sure to watch for Kylan's pic. It was captured by his wonderful Auntie Lonni, seconds after having his first bath and being wrapped in a blanket much too tightly like one of those fake cuban cigars on that Seinfeld episode. I knew it would be a great pic because of the constipated look on his face. Simply a couple hours old and he resembled an eskimo more than a white Peters kid!

I'm guessing Sugar Free Jones Soda Ginger Ale will have a similar effect on a person...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter