Wednesday, June 08, 2005

 

Matt Kennedy...

I've got a buddy who is currently trying to become the next CANADIAN IDOL. Tonight he was chosen as one of the final 32 contestants vying for the title. It's pretty exciting for his family and friends. I saw him sing tonight for a few brief moments, but they haven't shown much of him yet on TV. Matt is a youth leader at the Northside Foursquare Church in Coquitlam (a really good place), and he and his wife, Carissa, were the main worship leaders at the final Youth Camp I directed in August 2004. I was the MC at their wedding, and amazingly, I didn't wreck their lives (so far)!

Some of Matt's highlights since I've known him include: being the alpha male in a "Crocodile Hunter" camp video; searching for a bear at night, wearing only his underwear in "The Bear Ginch Project" camp video; acting as a ninja villain in a "kung fu kitten" camp video... see the pattern here? Yup, he only does acting when animals are included in the video titles.

Matt, I'm rooting for you and thinking about you.

I'm also thinking it's garbage day tomorrow....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter