Wednesday, July 13, 2005

 

Happy Lambings...

Did you read about the 1500 sheep that took a leap off a cliff in Istanbul, Turkey on July 8th? One jumped to it's death and then stunned shepherds watched as almost 1500 more followed suit. In the end, 450 sheep died. Ones that jumped later were saved due to the increasing pile of soft, woolly sheep beneath them.

It gives the phrase "dyed in the wool" a whole new meaning. Ok, sorry, that was a baaa-d joke. From what I hear it was quite a sight to behold, but I guess ewe had to be there.

In other news, I remembered to bring home flowers and a card for our 14th anniversary today. Not the greatest or most romantic overture to be sure, but we also bought a new DVD player to celebrate. Friends, you can now come over to enjoy a movie or program without it freezing in the middle. In the past, watching me frantically try to stop, restart, cue up to the same scene in the movie, then having the soundtrack go way off (all of the movies end up being a foreign film pretty quick) must have been frustrating. My apologies.

Did you know the 14th Anniversary is traditionally IVORY? I considered making a necklace out of Capo's teeth, but I just couldn't get Lonni's dog to chew on those big concrete chunks in the backyard like I had hoped.

Now, does anybody want a used, no-name $39 DVD player? Yours for only $40....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter