Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

My July 4th....

Here is how I celebrated the 4th of July.

2:10am - Gently rocked my crying 11 month old son back to sleep.
3:17am - Nudged wife to let her know that her son was crying again.
8:00am - Realized I had a very sore throat and decided to sleep in longer.
9:01am - Body aching from tossing and turning and coughing so I decided to keep sleeping.
9:02am - Jayce came in to tell me mommy was making pancakes.
9:07am - Jolted awake by, "they're ready, daddy!"
9:48am - Finished pancakes (they were really good) and decided to sleep some more.
12:11pm - Got up and had a shower. Felt a little better, but still coughing.
12:37pm - While shaving I noticed a little piece of fluff or something on my cheek. I was straining trying to get a look at it out of the corner of my eye, when I realized I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror. It's funny how I couldn't see my face until I actually looked at myself (or something like that). That's silly, Dairn. I decided not to tell anyone about this.
1:10pm - Had some cereal for lunch. Ever tried "Vector?" It's like honey nut Corn Flakes or something. Not too bad. Dumb name, though. I finished the box.
1:35pm - Slumped in living room chair watching Kylan crawl around bumping into things. I should really mow the lawns, but still not feeling very good.
1:45pm - Feeling guilty about not doing the lawns. Perked up when some drops of rain hit the window. Can't mow - too wet.
2:26pm - Gave up on the big crossword in the newspaper and moved on to the smaller one.
2:38pm - Looked around for the TV Times - it has a crossword that even Jayce could probably do!
2:54pm - Who was the guy who played in Airwolf? Sheesh, even this crossword is killing me. Maybe I should go back to bed...
3:13pm - We decided to take the kids to a local public pool at 4:00pm - Jayce was VERY excited!
3:39pm - After Jayce's 100th "Is it time to go yet?" we decided to get ready to go.
4:02pm - We pile in the car and I tell myself that I'm feeling better and that this will be good for me. Repeat. Wash, rinse, repeat.
4:19pm - We arrived at the Eileen Dailly pool (sometimes I lean hourly, but that's another story).
4:24pm - Changing in the "Family" lockerroom. This is a little strange as we cram into a change room and all get ready to swim. I'm thinking that this is not going to be fun when we have to all dry off and get into our regular clothes later.
4:29pm - Hey, it is a really nice pool. There is a big water slide that Jayce, of course, won't try. Darn it, she was my ticket onto that thing!
5:34pm - We splash around for an hour, have a lot of fun, and I announce to Jayce that it's time to leave because I'm taking everyone to McDonald's!
5:35pm - My surprise announcement is met with an eruption of tears and sobbing as I didn't give any warning to our departure. I'm still learning that I need to give advance notice to this sensitive little girl.
5:37pm - I was right. This "Family" change room thing is not my cup of tea. Tired Kylan in his "little swimmers" almost falls asleep in my arms while we're waiting for mommy and Jayce to change. He's amazingly cute! Then he peed on me.
6:02pm - Jayce is happy again because we ordered a McHappy Meal with a Shark Boy & Lava Girl toy! She has no idea what that movie is about, but she knows all the merchandise like nobody's business.
6:32pm - Heading home.
6:46pm - Get the kids ready for bed and I volunteer to read stories to Jayce after she watches Berenstain Bears on TV.
7:59pm - One of the books we read is a Spiderman book from the library. I get to explain on one page how the Fantastic Four got to become super heroes. Good times.... good times.
10:17pm - Beth is falling asleep while we watch Seinfeld. That's her cue to hit the hay. I stay up to watch most of Sportspage, and then check my Yahoo fantasy baseball team and WhatIfSports.com hockey teams.
11:46pm - Time for sleep!


11:47pm - Kylan starts crying.

Didn't I just do this? Bill Murray might show up at the door any second because I think it's Groundhog Day....


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter