Thursday, July 21, 2005

 

Zits...

In stressful situations I still get zits. What is THAT about? I've been out of my teens for (mumble) years, and yet it seems that during weeks when I have to preach at church, out comes the acne. Sheesh, when does one grow out of this?

I also eat a lot of junk food and candy when I'm feeling stressful. I'm sure that's got nothing to do with it....

"Push down your socks!" Whoa, it had been a while since I've heard that sentence (my sister-in-law used to tell me that way back in the 90's), so it took me by surprise. It was at youth group on Tuesday night, when an alert teenage girl advised me to adjust my sockage because it was not fashion friendly. I looked down and saw my long cargo shorts and longer white socks, and realized I looked like I was about to burst into a long yodel (OK I don't think she was just being helpful, more like she was horrified to be seen with me in my Austrian tourist outfit). I wasn't wearing suspenders or one of those little hats with the feather in it, but you get the picture. I guess I was watching too much NBA this year. Those guys pull their socks up to their belly button!

Well, thanks KB, you saved me from a huge fashion faux pas. Now, where's my leiderhosen....

Comments:
Ouch!
Yeah, i hear ya, man.
Ways to tell you are getting older...you know longer care if you are in fashion or not, aslong as you are "comfortable" - LOL.
I got that zit problem still, too.
And yeah, it is nice ot know that somebody else likes long white tube socks hiked up high.
In my case though, i never wear shorts out fo the house - years and years and years ago, i lost all the hair on the front of my shins, and it never grew back, i am smooth as a baby's buttocks there, but nowhere else, it looks...dumb. i get 'the looks', so i do not bother anymore to even try. usually, i coulkd just hide it with the tube socks, but then i got married, and...well, you get the idea. not cool.
Al
 
Too much information! :-P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter