Friday, August 26, 2005

 

The PNE, Hi-5, And Other McNuggets...

As a special surprise treat for our 5 year old daughter, we decided to take her to the Pacific National Exhibition (think "county fair") for one specific show: Hi-5. It is a kids show on TV from the US that Jayce watches whenever she gets the opportunity. There are five high-energy performers who sing and dance and interact with children. If you've never heard of them, then you'll just have to believe me that they are quite popular. Anyways, after hearing of the surprise, our little angel had a meltdown and didn't want to see them (they are only in town for 2 days). After I say that we'll get a special snack when we're at the PNE, she brightens up and says, "let's go!" Anyone else have children out there? After $12 for parking and 3 smoothie drinks, Hi-5 was crowded but fun.

We then went to McDonald's for supper. There once was a day when eating a 10 pack of Chicken McNuggets didn't seem like any problem for me. I guess that day was just today because I ordered them. Phew, those things sit in your gut! But I'm none the worse for wear, as I still have 51 years, 3 months, 18 days, 3 hours and 14 seconds before I die of old age.

One other thing on my mind today. Anyone know what to do if you think the person in your basement has a "grow-op?" Just wondering....

Comments:
Um...
well, have you thought about stocking up on rolling papers? Or you could consider checking around, maybe by digging a little in your yard, and check to see if there is a tunnel connecting your home with a small metal warehouse in the United States...that'd be a dead give-away...
 
Allow your 5 year old to go into the basement during a meltdown, and you will find that the grow-op will relocate. Parenting does have its perks.


I am assuming you would want it to relocate. If not, then, NEVER allow...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter