Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Jury Duty...

No, not the bad Pauly Shore movie of the same name, actual jury duty! I received a letter post-marked from the Vancouver Sheriff's office and fully expected a photo radar ticket or something. Nope, jury duty. The jury selection date is scheduled for January 3/06 and it is for a criminal case of some kind. I'll let you know if I'm picked. In the meantime, I'll have to decide what to wear. My shockingly handsome suit or a tacky tourist getup of some kind (I've got a couple ugly Hawaiian shirts in the closet). Has anyone out there seen the classic hit movie "Ernest Goes To Jail"? It has the FUNNIEST scene in it when Ernest gets chosen for jury duty. While chewing on a pen, he listens intently to the testimony of the witnesses. Then the pen explodes and he gets black ink all over his mouth and face. He attempts to clean it up (as subtley as possible) with a piece of note paper. Of course, it just gets worse and smears everywhere. Laugh out loud funny! Hey Verne, if you can find the movie at your local Blockbuster, rent it in honour of me, ok?

If I'm chosen, I think I'll just take a pencil....

Comments:
Jim Varney is the MAN!
Those Earnest movies, all (8000?) of them, they were all hilarious!
They just do not make 'em like that no more (sigh...)...

By the way, don't forget to stand up daily in court and yell "Bring back the electric chair!" lol
 
Haha, I'll have to do that, Samantha. And I agree, Reliant K is a good band!
 
You've got TiVo??? *drool*

We still have black & white TV up here. Gotta go, I LOVE LUCY is on...

:P

Oh, and don't worry Clairissa, the USA is no stupider than Canada (we just like to pretend it is - it feeds our inferiority complex!).
 
I miss you ... I think that you could totally pull off the exploding pen thing though... jury duty would be kinda neat.. unless it goes into the next week.. :(
 
I KNOW! I wrote them a letter saying that I had prior commitments on the 2nd week of Jan and in early Feb, but we'll see if that's a factor in my selection (they can force me to miss those things if they want to).

I am assuming that the actual trial is later in the month, but I won't know that stuff until January.

It is kinda cool, though...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter