Friday, November 11, 2005

 

The Real Reason I Like Our Van...

I went to Subway yesterday to pick up some supper for the family (2 footlongs for us, ham on a bun for princess Jayce), and I drove our older model van. I could have taken the little car with the CD player and heater that warms up quicker, but the van has a tape deck. Yes, a stereo that plays tapes. My old 80's and 90's tapes, the ones that I never listen to anymore but that still seriously rock. Most of the teenagers I know would probably laugh at my music, but I grew up with it. It brings back so many good memories. I LOVE to crank it up in the van and tap my fingers on the steering wheel and then pull off a wicked electric guitar solo at the stop light (the stupid steering wheel in the van isn't quite low enough to drive with my knee while I riff away on my air guitar, so I always have to be stationary - I'll have to remedy that somehow).

Does anyone out there know what I mean? Maybe I'm alone in this, and that's perfectly fine. But if you see me in the van, face straining to hit those high 80's vocal notes and fingers flying all over my fretless Fender, please don't call the paramedics. This kind of seizure is of the rockin' variety....

Comments:
Question -
Is it the tapes, or is it the music, or is it the memories?

Yes, I do know what you mean. Definitely, yes! However, i have refused to be a slave to the tape deck. Instaed, i have a program (SoundForge 6.0) that, together with my old tape deck attached to my pc, allows me to download my old tapes onto my computer, which i then burn to CD.
So I can pull out the Saint, Leviticus, old Petra with Greg X. Volz, DeGarmo and Key, Messiah Prophet, and other classics, and rock out all night long!
And frequently, i do.
Memories...the brain's natural high!
Rock on!
\m/
 
Yes, Clairissa, playing tapes is highly illegal. But up here in Canada, we do not have your newfangled compact discs yet. It is either illegal tapes, or legal but clunky 8-Tracks.

Sigh.
 
8-Tracks are still legal!?!!
Man, i gotta find me them Lawrence Welk's Greatest Hits 8-Tracks that I buried out back, and put 'em back into rotation!
Awesome!
 
Moi?? Pull YOUR leg, Clairissa? Nooooooo....

Sorry, I'd write more about it, but the igloo needs some work done on the outside and the sled dogs need feeding.
 
Tee hee hee!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter