Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

Change Of Face...

This morning I went to trim my goatee - it's my weekly ritual - and I didn't look at the setting on my trimmer. Well, it was set at #1 (very close to face) and I usually use #3 (somewhat close to face). After one swipe I realized my mistake, but it was too late. I had to trim very close to my face. Now I look like a 90's Don Johnson (if you never watched Miami Vice in the 80's, then simply skip this sentence).

It's kind of like the movie Face/Off where the John Travolta and Nicolas Cage characters change faces. That was a cool movie! Okay, it's not like I have someone else's face, but I do look a little different. Maybe younger. Or fatter. Or thinner. I'm not quite sure. Anyways, it all reminds me of the old joke: "Why didn't the lepers play hockey? Too many face offs!"

By the way, I got an MP3 player for Christmas. Neat, eh? I still have to figure out how to download some music to it, but it'll work eventually. Now, let's see, how do I get the music from my record collection and cassette tapes, onto my computer and then into this little mp3 contraption thingy. I think I need a bigger hammer....

Comments:
ok... I want an mp3 player.... Dairn, the picture on my bolg is ... ummm... creepy... :)
 
Yeah, I'm fuzzy for sure, Tamara!

Jaki, turns out I need a new operating system on my computer for the mp3 to work (Windows 98 won't cut it). Sad.

In other news, isn't the picture on your blog you and a hippopotamus? Hehehe...
 
actually, an easy way to record from LP / Cassette is to get a Y Cable (audio rca to mini-headphone). Have that jack go into the 'input' on the back of your computer. You can adjust the levels etc inside the volume settings (options, properties, recording). Once that's all setup you'll need an audio recording app -- sort of like sound recorder but you might want something better. A free one is Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net).

I mean.. you were probably joking, but this is a really simple way to record those classic Maranatha tapes you've been collecting for so long..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter