Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

They're Back...

Ahh, the crispness in the air, the barren trees, the frozen grass in the front yard, the little kids' tongues stuck to metal poles. Yup, pretty easy to tell that it's hockey card season at McDonalds!

After a one year hiatus (cool word, eh?) due to the NHL lockout last year, a 2005/06 set of hockey cards has been created by Upper Deck for McDonalds in Canada once again (on sale for $0.99/pack).

Now, most of you reading this blog could care less about this development. In fact, you probably already tuned out when you saw the picture of Mario Lemieux above and to your left (my right). "Hmmm, wonder who is going to disappear on Without A Trace tonight?", you are thinking. Or, "wow, what a hunk that Horatio Caine is on CSI Miami. I can't wait until next Monday's episode. It's sad he can't act..."

So, I will turn my attention to those of you who are still with me. I am once again attempting to complete the collection of cards from this year's set, including the inserts. Ohh, the elusive "insert cards!" There are 4 sets of special edition cards (15 cards each) within the McDonalds base set of 50 cards. Still tracking? Good. The special cards are randomly inserted at a ratio of approximately 1 per every 14 packs sold at McDonalds. So, finding all the inserts is akin to watching back-to-back episodes of the Gilmore Girls - freaking impossible!

Anyways, I have collected most of the McDonalds hockey cards since their introduction way back in 1991, so it's not time for me to give up yet. And, as is the case with anything this great in life, it is (of course) a limited time offer. So wish me luck!

Also (FYI), I will be the Ronald McDonald stunt double for his upcoming commercials being filmed locally. I think the shoot has something to do with falling from an airplane while Grimace makes a corny joke about the Fry Guys. Too bad I'm afraid of heights and allergic to the face makeup....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter