Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Breakfast On The Go...

Maybe the most surreal thing I've seen in a long time. I just pull out of my driveway on the way to work this morning, and I stop suddenly behind this white van in front of me. Turns out he applied the brakes for a little brown mouse crossing the street. It scurried across in front of him and made it safely to the curb. As the van moved on, I came to the stop sign at Royal Oak Ave and looked over at the mouse, mesmerized as I watched it's struggle to climb the curb and get onto the sidewalk.

Then a crow swooped down, and pecked it to death.

Yeah, the story took quite a turn, didn't it? Poor little mouse. He makes it across the street due to the kindness of an anonymous van driver, only to arrive at a gruesome demise in the clutches of a scavenger. I was going to comment on how this bizarre scene played out in front of me as part of the "Circle of Life", but really, it seemed more like a rhombus or a trapezoid or something. Man, those crows will eat anything....

Comments:
Mr Leopard, I just have to ask...is that you dressed as a Power Ranger in your icon?
 
Ummmm... good way to start the day I guess... some excitement.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter