Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

To Celebrate My Centennial...

You are reading my 100th post. Congratulate yourself! To celebrate, I thought I would share a couple of Jayce's poems. The first one was written over a month ago at school all by herself (as you can tell from her spelling of "poem") using the words "leaves" and "pumpkins," that her teacher had put on the board.

A PUOIM (Oct 26/06)
Leaves
Who r you
I am a leaves
Who r you
I am a pumpkins

Today she wrote this instant classic. Behold:

Boys love toys
Girls love pirls (pearls)
Men like ten
Women like men,
Like men like ten

There's wisdom in this Dr. Seuss-inspired work somewhere. Now if we only knew what "ten" was, we could figure out one of the ancient secrets of the universe - to what degree do women like men....

Comments:
If you like, you could let Jayce know about spell check! It is truely the best invention I no of, an am prutty shir that she well luv it tow!! I due! Mabe she gets som of her fantstck word aranjmints frum her ant!
 
I asked Jayce what 'ten' was, and she said, "you know, like when the teacher puts things in groups of ten."

Apparently she has figured out that guys just love tens... groups of tens, multiples of tens, anything "ten."

It tells us who was responsible for the metric system. Men.
 
Maybe if she bats her eyelashes, she has already figured out that "men" will tell her that her poems are a "ten" ?
Just a thought - the girls do learn this stuff quite early, now...
 
Dairn, i just crapped my pants two times. I totally like ten!!! Your daughter might be the next Oprah... or Starr Jones...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter