Monday, November 17, 2008

 

Left Turn, Clyde...

Yeehaw! You know the Nascar racing circuit in the deep south of the US of A? The race where all the cars drive in a big oval, always turning LEFT?? Well I got to participate in a Nas-cart event this week at the local Save-On-Foods, but I don't think I won.

All I know is that the stupid cart I was driving had a busted wheel and was always veering to the left. In order to make a right hand turn, I would have to lurch my whole body behind the thing. It began to leave black wheel marks all over the store as the cart got heavier and heavier, so eventually I just gave up and kept going left in increasingly smaller circles.

Here's how my route looked:
Produce aisle, meat area, milk aisle, back to row 1, row 8, row 2, row 7, row 3, row 6 (oops missed the sliced cans of peaches - gotta get back to row 3 eventually), row 4, row 5, row 3 (again), bread area (hit another cart with wobbly wheel troubles too)... then to get into the check-out line it took 4 of us to turn the cart to the right (or I could have swung through the pharmacy and bulk foods, trying to line up a run through produce).

Man, I needed a pit crew!

Oh no. I missed the cereal, diapers and toilet paper! That stuff's not important, is it? I'll get it next week....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter