Wednesday, December 31, 2008

 

Marley & Me & Sean Connery...

What do the following actors have in common: Tom Hanks (in Saving Private Ryan), Sean Connery (in The Untouchables), Steven Segall (in Executive Decision), and the dog that played Marley (in Marley & Me)?

Give up? (SPOILER ALERT) They all have amazingly long death scenes! And the only one that put a lump in my throat was the dog actor (Marley, not Segall).

Beth and I went to the movies and saw Marley & Me last night. It was cute, funny, a bit predictable, but generally heartwarming. And holy cow, they dragged out that dog's last days! I kept whispering, "Get my gun, boy - Old Yeller's going home!"

Shortly after Marley's demise, the credits rolled and I looked around to see many people wiping tears from their eyes. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love dogs and even Homeward Bound got me a bit choked up at the end, but I felt a bit manipulated after this one.

Regardless, if you own a pet, it's good to celebrate life with them but to honestly think about their eventual death. Especially cats. Think about that lots. In fact, if there's any possible way to save yourself and your feline future unnecessary suffering by snuffing out it's life with a pillow today, I suggest that route.

Dog owners, prepare to hug your best friend after seeing Marley & Me, you'll both need it....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter