Friday, June 04, 2010

 

The Plural Of Moose Is Meese...

There's a great bit by Brian Regan where he talks about learning a lesson in school on the plural of certain words (goose to geese, ox to oxen, etc), and how screwy things can become when you're trying to fit those rules into the plurals of other words (moose to meese and box to boxen just don't work... but they should!). It's a great bit (YouTube it or buy the CD).

Anyways, I sometimes think of a status update for my Facebook account and jot it down on a piece of scrap paper so I won't forget it. Lately I've written a few of them and wondered what the plural form of my status ideas is. Is it "statuses?" That's kind of boring. How about "statices?" Or "statii?" That's my fave so far - it sounds like it could be a medical term. Or a Latin term. Or a Latin medical term. Or just a terrible spelling mistake.

Oh well, maybe I've just got to stop thinking up more than one status at a time. Or just pack them into some boxen and feed them to the meeses....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter